I try to do these nine things every day. I wrote this down while waiting for a call last Thursday.
1. A morning routine where I wake up at 6am, eat specific food and get ready in a specific way
2. Read a book for 20mins
3. Write down 10 ideas/day (got this from James Altucher’s daily thing to do)
4. Do 3 sessions of digital detox where I don’t TOUCH my phone for 2 hours at a time. This is supposed to help me concentrate better
5. Spend an hour a day to write using pen and paper
6. Walk for 20 mins a day
7. Write 500 words/day (hence, this blog)
8. Write 20 mins worth of reflection about the day
9. DO NOT spend more than 4h on a task. This is counterproductive. I read that somewhere.
It’s been a week since I wrote this down and I haven’t done anything on the list consistently. But the point isn’t to be 100% perfect. I’ll never be. I don’t want to feel stressed out because I can’t do everything.
Instead, this list gives me an idea of the things I can do to make my life better.
I have another list where I write down weekly things I should do for a meaningful life. And then another where I write down monthly things and the last one where I write down the 3-monthly things that I should do.
These are coming up soon.