“People need to be reminded more often than they need to be instructed.” C.S. Lewis
I think this is true. Today, I want to remind myself how to be positive.
HOW TO BE POSITIVE
1. Look on the bright side. There’s always a bright side. Don’t have money for a cab ride? Walking is great exercise. Don’t have a book to read when you’re bored? Making up stories in your head is great for creativity.
2. Don’t take things personally. If someone snaps at you, consider that they might be having a bad day, not because they hate you.
3. Say Thanks. It’s hard to say thanks all the time, but I guess you could try. ‘Thanks for the coffee’, ‘Thanks for the advice’, ‘Thanks for putting these papers here (otherwise I would have to go get it myself)’
4. Give the gift of presence. Look deeply into the eyes of people you talk to and listen attentively to what they have to say. This is the best way to make another person feel valued. Valuing others makes yourself feel valued.
5. Expect to screw up. Life happens. Shit happens. Contrary to what you believe, 99.99% of people out there are NOT having perfect days. Something will go wrong for them. And that’s normal. Accept and respect the rhythm of life. It’s more efficient and conserves more energy than getting angry or frustrated when things go wrong.
6. Hang out with people who think you’re awesome. It’s possible. You will feel awesome and that energy will help you do more with your life.
7. Compare yourself to yourself. It’s the only logical comparison you can make. Comparing yourself with another person will make you unhappy. Just be yourself and make do with what you have. You will get what you want eventually.
Positivity is the first drop that forms the ripple. I know it’s not easy to be positive when everything around you seems wrong. But maybe it’s the thing you need to do right now.
Positivity is the one thing only you can do yourself. Friends and family can give you support, but they cannot help you think positively. Only you can.
When the mind shifts, the worlds shifts with it.